PETERSBURG – The visual arts department of Appomattox Regional Governor’s School is taking over the Old Town. Friday for the Arts! attendees are going to have a blast!
Two venues will feature student art exhibits featuring over 250 works of art:
- Saint Petersburg Region Art League [PAAL] — Senior show
- Yoga One Studio – Spring Art Exhibition
The public is invited to attend the vernissages tonight, Friday May 13, to celebrate the recent achievements of students in digital art, drawing, illustration, ceramics, graphic design, industrial design, painting, fashion, photography and sculpture.
Topics range from personal narrative to conceptual in styles ranging from figurative to abstract.
Receptions will take place at the following times:
- PAL — 5:30 p.m. – 8:30 p.m. at 7 E. Old Street
- Yoga One Studio — 5 p.m. – 8 p.m. at 306 N. Sycamore Street
2022 Congress Art Competition
On Tuesday, Congressman A. Donald McEachin [VA-04] announced the winners of the 2022 Congressional Art Competition. Appomattox Regional Governor’s School sophomore Ashley Deeds placed third for her “Weapons of War” entry.
Appomattox Regional Governor’s School of Arts and Technology has talented students enrolled in fourteen different school districts: Amelia, Charles City, Chesterfield, Colonial Heights, Dinwiddie, Franklin City, Hopewell, Petersburg, Powhatan, Prince George, Richmond, Southampton, Surry and Sussex. .
Magnet Public High School in downtown Petersburg is one of eighteen Virginia Governor’s Schools and one of three full-time Governor’s Schools in the state.
For more information, Click here.
‘The talent is remarkable’:Prince George teenager Melissa Elizabeth Rivero wins 2022 Congressional Art Contest
– Kristi K. Higgins, aka The Social Butterfly columnist, is the food news and Q&A reporter at The Progress-Index. Do you have a current tip on local trends or businesses? Contact Kristi (her, her) at firstname.lastname@example.org, follow @KHiggins_PI on Twitter @socialbutterflykristi on Instagram and follow progress-index.com.